Media Advisory: 2013 ROOPH Awards will Recognize Excellence in Housing and HomelessnessInitiatives
Edmonton, March 6, 2013 – Homeward Trust Edmonton will host the 2013 ROOPH awards March 7 to recognize outstanding individuals and organizations working to end homelessness.More than 300 guests are expected to witness the presentation of awards recognizing successful partnerships, building design, volunteerism, service for the Aboriginal community and leadership.
Date: March 7, 2013 Time: 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM; Program at 12:00 PM
Location: Westin Edmonton, 10135 100 Street
Speakers in Attendance:
- The Honourable Dave Hancock, Minister of Human Services and Member of Legislative Assembly, Edmonton-Whitemud
- His Worship Mayor Stephen Mandel, City of Edmonton
- Clayton Kootenay, Chair, Homeward Trust Edmonton
- Susan McGee, CEO, Homeward Trust Edmonton
- Francis Whiskeyjack, Elder
- Darrell Cook, President, REALTORS Association of Edmonton
- Mike McGuire, One FM, Master of Ceremonies
*The Westin Edmonton will be equipped with a media feed.
Follow the social media conversation @HomewardTrust #yegROOPH.
For more information:
Janelle AkerCommunications & Media Coordinator,
Homeward Trust Edmonton
Phone: (780) 496-7290
Cell: (780) 700-2499
Homeward Trust Edmonton is a not for profit organization that uses a community-based approach toward the goal of ending homelessness in Edmonton. Our primary role is to coordinate response to housing needs by working together with local agencies and all orders of government.